Sunday, January 12, 2014

Myrrh and Metanoia

Dark Abstraction, Georgia O'Keeffe


I will hold this moment
as though it were a visitation
from angels fallen
out of the heavensfallen
into graceand crying
in noiseless symphony.

Here is my open body.
Here is my uncut hair.

Here is the drunken spiral
of metamorphosis.

Here is the ritual incense
of salvation.

Here…

do not weep

Here…
the crimson tulip.

And here…
the dried up wounds,
faceted with oxidation.

do not wax indignant

Here…
an ingress.

And here…
a perforation
in the perfection
of empty platitudes.

understand

And here, too…
prayerseated in quietude
upon my ribswaiting for the
lamps of the sky to be illuminated.


Words in italics from Baruch Spinoza

4 comments:

adriana said...

prayer seated in quietude upon my ribs, yes that tangible.
May our prayers be answered in a way that we understand so we don't weep any more.....

Nevine Sultan said...

Oh, yes. We always hope our prayers will be answered. But then... not weeping... what would life be without tears? This is my voice... the other, Spinoza's. It's nice to have the balance of both, I suppose. Thank you, my dear Adriana. It's always such a delight to see you here.

adriana said...

Happy Valentine's Day, dear Friend!!!!

Mildred said...

J'aime la symphonie silencieuse de ces anges!
Que toutes tes prières soient toujours exaucées ma belle Nevine.
Je suis allée jeter un petit coup d'oeil sur wiki pour me renseigner sur Baruch Spinoza et ça a l'air très intéressant. Dès que j'aurai un peu plus de temps j'y retournerai pour en apprendre plus.
Merci pour le partage mon amie.

***
Gros bisous affectueux et un très bon weekend de la Saint Valentin pour toi et ton chéri.
SMACK:o)